AIRVET, INC. Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed Date: November 12, 2020
Information We Collect And Disclose For A Business Purpose
The Service collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, the Service has collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information from its consumers for a business purpose within the last twelve (12) months (the examples provided for each category below reflect each category’s statutory definition and may not reflect all of the specific types of personal information associated with each category):
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. If you are a Veterinarian Provider, this also includes your driver’s license and veterinary license number.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other payment information. If you are a Veterinarian Provider, this may also include your driver’s license or state identification card, employment information, and bank account number or other financial information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
If you participate in our surveys, we may collect demographic information such as age (40 years or older), marital status, and sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression).
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
Personal information does not include: (i) publicly available information from government records; (ii) deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or (iii) information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
Airvet obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources: consumers, service providers, business partners, advertising networks, internet service providers, analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and social networks.
Use of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information
Airvet may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers and vendors
- Veterinarian Providers you interact with on the Airvet platform
- Marketing Partners
- Analytics Providers
- Advertising Partners
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides certain consumers (California residents) with rights with regards to certain personal information. The rights described in this section do not apply to information collected from Veterinarian Providers as part of our business relationship, such as information collected during Veterinarian Provider registration or through your use of the Service. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that Airvet disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Airvet delete any of your personal information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights), we will delete or deidentify your personal information, unless an exception applies. For example, we will not delete or deidentify your personal information if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
Exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at [email protected]
- Submitting a request through your password-protected Airvet account.
- Visiting https://www.airvet.com/support.
An authorized agent may submit a request to know, delete, or opt out on your behalf by sending a written authorization signed by you to us via the Contact Information section. We may still require you to directly verify your identity and confirm that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
For California Residents, the CCPA defines “selling” personal information to include providing it to a third party in exchange for valuable services. We disclose Identifiers, Commercial Information, and Internet or Other Similar Network Activity to certain third parties in exchange for valuable services, such as advertising services, which may constitute a “sale under the CCPA. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”).
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following page: https://www.airvet.com/do-not-sell-my-personal-information, or by emailing us at [email protected]
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Airvet reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Service following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
9190 W. Olympic Blvd., #422
Beverly Hills, CA 90212